I've been thinking about writing a tag plug-in, and making that combined pagination / permalinks plug-in I mentioned earlier. But I put that off in order to write some smaller plugins to get myself more familiar with the code.
Both of the new plugins are very similar to the sample one in the plugins developer documentation. One of them fixes how I think blosxom should work: keep the templates out of the blog data directory. (Blosxom does not do that, so that you can have different templates in different subdirectories if you want. I don't want.) The other replaces the template reader to substitute new templates, but only on April Fool's Day (April 1st).
takes a single configuration parameter to hold the name of the new
flavour to use on April Fool's Day.
And while I was at it, I've updated the
css file to make
<pre> tags much more
visible; fixed the styles to be more phone friendly (but there's more to
do); added a copyright notice; removed all of the HTML validation
errors, there are still some warnings.
Once I get tags and tag searching working, I think this will be much better. But it's coming along.